– First Method
Install demos via Riven option.
The First, You must active plugin ArrowTheme Importer
With Riven theme, you will be able to import several demos seperately. Riven contains 22 awesome demos for you to choose. Let select which one you like and click install to start import process.
Before installing demos, remember to check all PHP configuration to ensure your server meets all requirements for a successful import. Please read Install Theme > Installation for all requirements.
In order to import demo, you must import dummy content. After import dummy content successfully, you can choose which demo version you want and click Import Content as normally.
After that, click button Import Content
Note: If this method don’t work with your server, you can try import all demos by second method.
– Second Method
Install demo via All-in-One WP Migration plugins.
Remember that your site database will reset entirely after using this method.
Please follow steps lised below to import demo.
– Step 1: Install and activate All-in-One WP Migration plugin to use this method.
– Step 2: Download Demo backup file.
– Step 3: Upload backup file to wp-content/ai1wm-backups folder.
– Step 4: Navigate to All-in-One WP Migration > Backups on admin sidebar.
– Step 5: Click Restore button and wait for few seconds. You will see success message after click continue.
– Step 6: Login to the site with account: Username: admin, Password: admin. After login with this account, you can change username and password back to your credentials.
– Step 7: If you want to change demo version, you should select demo in Theme Options > Import Demo > Import Demo on admin sidebar. Please read the message and click OK.
– Third Method
Import demo data manually.
Note: Please remember to install all needed plugins before import demo data. If you have not install plugins, please see Plugins Installation to finish that step.
- Import Data
– Step 1: Navigate Tools > Import and click on WordPress link. This will bring up a pop up box that allows you to install the plugin directly through your website.
– Step 2: After click Install Now button, you should activate plugin by clicking Activate Plugin & Run Importer.
– Step 3: After that, you will be taken to the import page. This is where you upload the XML file which will be found in Riven folder / import/ to import data.
– Step 4: You will then be given the option to assign imported authors to existing authors on your website or create a new account for each author’s posts. Also, there is an option for you to download attachments. If you select this, WordPress will attempt to import all of the images that are attached to the posts and pages you are importing.
– Update the Menu sub
Riven supports custom menus, you can make modifications to them from the Menus option. Menus can contain links to Pages, Posts, Categories, Custom Links or other content types.
a) If you want to add a link to your social media profile or another location. You use the custom link option.
– Simply click on the custom link tab in the left-hand column to expand it. You will notice that it only has two fields. The first one is for URL where you will need to add the actual link you want to add. The second field is labeled link text where you will add the anchor text for the link.
– Drag each item into the order you prefer
b) All menu items can be edited by simply clicking on the downward arrow next to a menu item.
c) You can remove a link in the same way you edit them. Just click on the downward arrow icon next to a menu item, and you will notice a red Remove link.