1. Install Plugins
In order to use the theme, you should install and activate all required plugins such as ArrowTheme Core, Redux Framework. All other plugins which recommended, it ups to you whether to use it or not. For example, if you don’t want to use Shop features, you can deactivate and delete all WooCommerce plugins.
Install plugins via installing plugins message.After installing and activating the theme you will see the message about installing required plugins at the top of the page.
You should click Begin installing plugins link or go to Appearance > Install Plugins in order to install needed plugins for Modus theme.
You will be redirected to Install Required Plugins page, here you will find all of the theme required plugins. In order to install these plugins, you just need to check all of them and select install then click apply. It will need to tCryptcioe a while to install plugins successfully.
When the installation process is done, you can click Return to Required Plugins Installer and select active then check all plugins to active these plugins.
Install plugins via WordPress Admin Panel.
Besides, you can install some plugins which available in wordpress.org by navigating Plugins > Add New in admin sidebar. You should enter plugin name to search plugin and click “Install Now” to install the plugin you want. After that, click “Active” button to start using that plugin.
Install plugins manually (Via FTP)
If you want to manually install plugins, you can follow some basic steps below.
- Download your WordPress Plugin to your desktop and extract plugin folder if it is a zip archive.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Appearance > Plugins and find the newly uploaded Plugin in the list.
- Click Activate to activate it.
After finishing plugin install, you need to configure the plugins.
2. Plugin Configuration
Some plugins will need to config setting to use.
Note: The license of some premium plugins such as WPBakery Page Builder, Ultimate Addon can’t active in each site. You can update the latest version of it via our theme. Because we bought these plugins with the extended version. Please see Update section.
You can see here for more details.
– After installing the WPBakery Page Builder, please go to WPBakery Page Builder > Role Manager. In the post types field, you should select Custom and check all post type as the screenshot below.
For google map shortcode work effectively, you should go to Ultimate > Google Maps and input Google Map API key.
Note: If you want to add google fonts or icons to use in some Ultimate Addon shortcodes, you can follow some steps below to do it.
If you want to use different google font in some Ultimate Addon shortcodes, you can go to Ultimate > Google Fonts. Click to Just a click button
– After that, you can select the font you want and click “Add to Collection” button
In order to add new icons to Ultmate Icon Manager, you can follow some steps below.
- Download pe icon stroke7 icon zip file
- Go to Ultimate > Icon Manager
- Click Upload New Icons
- Select font icon zip file you downloaded in step 1 and click Insert Fonts Zip File
– Please see detail guide of Ultimate author. Icon Manager Guide
Go to MailChimp for WP > MailChimp to access general setting page of MailChimp. You should connect to your MailChimp account by entering API Key.
After that, navigate to MailChimp for WP > Forms and create a form with the content in this link MailChimp Form content
If a MailChimp form is already existed, you can do nothing or change the form content and click Save changes to display the form in the front end.
For detail instruction, please click MailChimp for WP.
Go to Contact > Form and create the form you want or edit available form.
When you want to create a form having the same style like our demo site, you should change the contact form’s content in Contact > Form. After changing form’s content, you can change the text and field into your desired ones.
You will find form’s content we used in our demo site in this link. Each form can have different style, based on the content of the contact form. If you import demo content successfully, you can skip this step.
After that, you need to set up Mail tab. Please see this guide for more details. Mail setting
WooCommerce is the most popular WordPress eCommerce plugin. Packed full of features, perfectly integrated into your self-hosted WordPress website.
– Change Image Sizes
- Go to Appearance > Customize
- Then go to WooCommerce > Product Images
3. There are many options for you:
- Resizing Single Product Image in Main image width field
- Resizing Product Thumbnail Image in Thumbnail width field- You can set the height of the images in Thumbnail Cropping
- 1:1: If you select 1:1, your images will be cropped into 360px width and 360px Height (assuming you have set the image width 360px in Thumbnail Width field.
- Custom: In Custom you can select the aspect ratio of the image. Here is some of the popular aspect ratio (1:1, 5:4, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 and 3:1).
- Uncropped: Height of the image will be untouched. Images will display using the aspect ratio in which they were uploaded.
Having made changes with product’s image, click on Publish
After changing the image sizes, you should regenerate all the thumbnails using Regenerate Thumbnails plugins.
– Enable register in My Account page
Navigate to Woocommerce > Settings > Accounts, check the box Enable registration on the “My Account” page
You also need to setup proper page with right action, go to Woocommerce
Regenerate Thumbnails allows you to regenerate the thumbnails for your image attachments. This is very handy if you’ve changed any of your thumbnail dimensions (via Settings -> Media) after previously uploading images or have changed to a theme with different featured post image dimensions.
You can either regenerate the thumbnails for all image uploads, individual image uploads, or specific multiple image uploads.
You can see here for more details.
Please go Tools > Regen.Thumbnails and click 1 of 2 options
Once Required Plugins are configured, you may be interested in installing sample content as our demo sites. In the next section, we will guide you about demo installation.