CREATE CATEGORY LANDING PAGE
Product Category Page is an important of any E-commerce store. It is a independent page that list all chid categories together. it is a way to attract visitors and contribute to turning them into buyers.
For Molla Theme, besides default template
Grid, we provide 2 other kinds of Category Landing Page with 2 types of effects:
Parallax. You can experience them here:
- Grid: It is the default template.
- Masonry Effect: https://themes.magesolution.com/molla/en/women.html
- Parallax Effect: https://themes.magesolution.com/molla/en/outdoor-furniture.html
To create it, follow these steps:
- Login in to your administrator control panel.
- Go to
Catalog -> Categories.
- Select a category that you want. Please note that, the category you choose should have more than 2 child categories, to reach the best result.
- Open tab
MGS Category Landingat the bottom.
Is Landingto YES and choose suitable
- Besides, you can setup others optional such as Number of items per row, Hide Descriptions, Truncate Description.
- Make sure that this category has been enabled already.Click Save button to save your change then clean the cache.
- To see the results, go to tab
Search Engine Optimizationand check the
URL Key. Your Category Landing Page is at
CHANGE THE LAYOUT OF THE CATEGORY PAGE
The theme has 2 main categories type:
Default Page Layout:you can see the default layout for all of category page here, if you want to set the layout for individual category, refer this https://support.weltpixel.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004938607-How-to-change-category-layout-in-Magento-2-
Number of Products per row (Desktop):set the number of products on per row on Desktop viewport
Number of Products per row (Tablet):set the number of products on per row on Tablet viewport
Number of Products per row (Mobile):set the number of products on per row on Mobile viewport
Category Image position:set the position of the category image
Category Description position:set the position of the category description
ADD AN ATTRIBUTE TO FILTER
If you want to add some filter to the category page, please follow the following steps:
- Go to admin
CATALOG -> Categorythen enable
- Then refer this article https://zemez.io/magento/support/how-to/magento-2-how-to-display-product-attributes-in-layered-navigation/ to add an attribute to layer navigation